Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Holiday Time!

Well we are very excited about the holidays with Addie. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the Burch family. Holidays sure are fun with Little Miss Addie around for entertainment. Okay so how does Addie know that you typically stuff yourself on Thanksgiving? Seriously, she ate more food then she ever does. Funny huh!

Well as for Christmas, we have very exciting news. Addie and I will fly out to New Jersey earlier then planned. I was able to get some extra time off of work so Addie and I will leave on Saturday the 20th and then Chuck will drive up on the 23rd. Okay so did I mention flying. Addie has never flown before and this will just be Addie and Mommy. Wish me luck! It is a short flight, but I sure hope she does not freak out. You know whoever has the seat with us will have that look of panic when they get on the plane. HA! It is kind of funny that we can provide torture to some stranger.

As for the Christmas preparations, well the tree is up and Addie is doing well to not mess with it. The bottom of the tree (anything in the reach of little hands) is pretty bare and of course there are no fragile ornaments there. But to my surprise Addie has only messed with one ornament. It is a fluffy snowman and I think she tries to take it off as she thinks it is a doll. She just loves the lights and the reindeer outside. She waves to the reindeer out the window, pretty cute huh! Chuck makes fun of my reindeer, but he thinks it is pretty cute how much Addie likes it.

As for shopping, can I say I am one of the few that love Black Friday, what deals. I was at Walmart at 5:01am with all of the crazies. What is with people? I must say I am obviously nuts to go to Walmart on Black Friday, but do people really need to yell and fight. I heard from some other shoppers that people were sitting on TV boxes so that noone could get the TV and that some guy bit another guy. Are you kidding me! By the way, I never ever go to Walmart on a normal day so going there on Black Friday is pretty insane. I went to KMart too which is a never in my book! Those stores are just too chaotic for me. Well I managed to go to Walmart, Macys, Dicks, Kohls, Target, Linens and Things, Michaels, and Kmart all before 9:15am. And I am almost done shopping. So for all of you that are thinking that I am nuts, take on the challenge next year, it is pretty fun to get good deals. And yes for any serious shoppers, you can go with me on Black Friday, but only if you follow the important rules of being prepared with a list, and no shopping carts unless absolutely necessary- they will slow you down on Black Friday. HA! Happy shopping everyone!

1 comment:

Mollie Perez said...

eww...you sound like an old pro...i forgot you did that. Wish i would have known and gone with you...i'm sure i was up then anyway! count me in for next year!