Sunday, March 22, 2009

Shoes! Shoes! Shoes!

So who knew that the obsession with shoes starting so early. So Addie will be 18 months this week (can you all believe that) and she just loves shoes. Not necessarily wearing them as she prefers to have her toes out too, but playing with shoes. She loves her rain boots a whole whole lot! Well, Chuck left work early on my day off this week (YEAH!) and he asked if we wanted to go shopping! (Side note- what the heck got into him- he hates to shop!) Anyway we ended up at the mall. (Another wierd note- who goes to the mall anymore- we never do.) So we were looking for shoes for Addie for the spring. What a hoot! So we go in the store and I start looking at shoes. Before I know it she has her shoes off as she understood that I planned to try some shoes on her. Well, we try the first pair on and she gives a big smile and hands me her old shoes as they were obviously not good enough anymore. That was it she was satisfied and she wanted that pair and she planned to keep wearing them. So I know that kids like to wear their new shoes out of the store, but that starts at age 1?? Sure enough! She kept the new shoes on with tags and all. Don't worry we did cut the tags off, but I hate to admit that she was wearing sandle type shoes with socks. Oh what a no no, but she insisted and her daddy was with us. He is not so worried about fashion as her mama is. She looked like a hot mess! Again good thing no one ever goes to the mall so we did not see anyone we knew- HA! Until we went out to dinner with Chuck's parents- you know I was so worried that we would see someone-HA!

Oh and the second shopping incident, so I am really funny about clothes with characters on them. I have no idea what my issue is because I of course think it is fine when other kids have on a shirt with elmo, Dora, etc., but I never buy clothes like that. Obviously, I know there would come a time when Addie would insist on clothes with her favorite characters and I would have to oblige, but I was not ready for that time yet. Again, her daddy was with us when we spotted an outfit with Elmo. Of course I cringed, but her daddy saw it and then Addie saw it and was so excited about Elmo. Oh no I thought! Well, it is nicely folded in her dresser now. I guess I better get over my silly issue.

Lastly, do you all know why we even went to the mall. Chuck wanted a Hurricanes jersey or shirt for Addie. She is obsessed with hockey. She even gets the remote and says hockey. can you all believe that she and I watched hockey the other night when Chuck was not home. I am not kidding. She insisted and was so excited when I put it on. She yells Go Canes, Score, and Go Go while she watches. You all know how excited her daddy is. Well no jersey or shirt to be found. I guess we have to get one at the Hurricans game next time we go.

No comments: